Tuesday 26 August 2014

CONRAD STOLZ ON TRAINING FOR XTERRA


As a young triathlete, I wanted to train hard.


I had this idea that the harder you train, the bigger the results.


Right?


I raced up to 35 triathlons in a season. 

The prefect recipe for disaster…



Of course, I was always either injured, or over-trained, or both…


Now, I have wised up a lot. 


After 21 years of hard training, I have finally come to realize that “less is more.”


I only train what feels right, and what I enjoy doing.

My training method emphasizes minimalism, yet produces undeniably powerful results. Under the guidance of my coach Ian Rodger, we train as little as possible to still be able to win.  Everyone else trains as much as they can and hopes for the best.”



Four years ago, at 37, I was the fastest I had ever been.


That’s a very powerful thought.


Age is not my limiting factor.

Train smart.  Build for XTERRA, and beyond….”






FOLLOW OUR NEWS BLOG TO GET MORE TIPS ON TRAINING AND NUTRITION FROM THE PROS

No comments:

Post a Comment